Post Office Boxes
All property owners on Bald Head Island are eligible to receive a post office box for their use at no charge. The US Postal Service (USPS) requires post office box customers to pay a $6.00 key deposit which will be collected when you open a post office box.
To open a post office box, simply stop by the post office and we will help you. According to the USPS guidelines, when you apply for a post office box two valid forms of identification are required when you obtain your keys. One form of identification must contain a photograph and one must be traceable to the bearer (prove your physical address).
Photo ID options:
· Valid driver’s license or state non-driver’s identification card
· Armed forces, government, university, or recognized corporate identification card
· Passport, passport card, alien registration card, or certificate of naturalization
Non-photo ID traceable to bearer options:
· Current lease, mortgage, or deed of trust
· Voter or vehicle registration card
· Home or vehicle insurance policy
Property owners who wish to fill out the post office box application ahead of time can do so by downloading the form below. Please select the size of the box you wish to use and we will try to accommodate depending on availability. You can email the completed form to email@example.com and it can be printed out when you arrive at the Post Office.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at (910) 457-9700.PO Box Application