256 Edward Teach Extension
Bald Head Island, NC 28461
View on Map
Phone Number: (910) 457-7350
On-call (after hours): (910) 616-7716
For billing call: (910) 457-9700 ext. 1000
Fax: (910) 457-7353
J.P. McCann, Public Services Director
Michelle Kesmodel, Customer Service Representative/Utility Billing Clerk
(910) 457-9700 ext. 1000
There are no active notices at this time.
Since temperatures are dropping, property owners are encouraged to review the Village’s tips on preventing frozen water pipes HERE.
Sign up for Code Red HERE to receive notices regarding water & sewer service. Be sure to use your BHI address so events affecting only your area will be sent to you.
All utility account questions should be directed to our Utility Billing Clerk at 910-457-9700 ext. 1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your sewer grinder pump alarm goes off, please call the Utilities Department immediately at (910) 457-7350 or (910) 616-7716 after hours. Please also contact these numbers for any service-related issues.
- Wastewater Annual Report 2020
- Wastewater Annual Report 2019
- Wastewater Annual Report 2018
- Annual Water Quality Report 2020
- Annual Water Quality Report 2019
- Annual Water Quality Report 2018
The Village’s Utilities Department provides the Village’s water and sewer utilities. Customers are advised to sign up for the Village’s emergency notification system, CODE RED, to receive important information about the Village utility services. Make sure that when you sign up, you use your Bald Head Island address. The Village can send messages out to only the affected areas if there is a service interruption.
All BHI homes have a sewer grinder pump. These pumps have a red light and an alarm. If the alarm goes off at your home, please contact the Utilities Department immediately. Do not open or tamper with the utility box, this box should only be opened by authorized personnel.
The Village’s utilities ordinance Section 30-50 authorizes agents of the Village to have “access at all reasonable hours to the premises of the consumer for the purpose of testing, repairing, installing or removing Village property, inspecting piping, reading or testing meters or for any other purpose in connection with the Village’s water and sewer service.” Utilities employees drive vehicles with the Village logo and typically wear uniforms with the same. Employees occasionally use customers’ water hoses when it is necessary to flush debris from the work area. Water usage is minimal and they are instructed to return everything to the state in which it is found.
Village Utilities Facts:
- There are 29 miles of distribution system lines.
- The Village can produce 360,000 gallons of water per day.
- The Village can store 400,000 gallons of finished water.
- There are 1,169 sewer connections in the system.
Due date: Utility bills are due on the 20th of every month.
Methods of payment:
- Cash (in-person @ Village Hall View on Map)
- Bank Draft (Complete the Bank Draft Authorization form HERE and hand-deliver, mail to P.O. Box 3009, Bald Head Island, NC 28461 or email to email@example.com ) with a voided check)
- Credit Card Online using Visa/Mastercard HERE. Credit card payments are only accepted online. There is no fee associated with the use of credit cards.
Billing method: Paper bill or E-bill. To request an e-bill, contact the Utility Billing Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Set-Up an Account: Complete a Utility Service Agreement HERE, and hand-deliver to Village Hall or mail to (P.O. Box 3009, Bald Head Island, NC 28461) or email the agreement to email@example.com.
How to Close an Account: Complete a Utility Termination Agreement HERE, and hand-deliver to Village Hall or mail to (P.O. Box 3009, Bald Head Island, NC 28461) or email the agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org.