256 Edward Teach Extension
Bald Head Island, NC 28461
View on Map
Phone Number: (910) 457-7350
On-call (after hours): (910) 616-7716
For billing call: (910) 457-9700 ext. 1000
Ken Bowling, Utilities Director
VACANT, Customer Service Representative/Utility Billing Clerk
(910) 457-9700 ext. 1000
There are no local notices issued at this time.
Island-wide notice: The annual change from chloramines to chlorine will occur between September 14, 2020 and the end of October/early November. Notices will go in August utility bills. View full notice HERE.
Sign up for Code Red to receive notices regarding water & sewer service. Be sure to use your BHI address so events affecting only your area will be sent you.
All utility account questions should be directed to our Utility Billing Clerk at 910-457-9700 ext. 1000 or email@example.com.
- Wastewater Annual Report 2019
- Wastewater Annual Report 2018
- Annual Water Quality Report 2019
- Annual Water Quality Report 2018
The Village’s Utilities Department provides the Village’s water and sewer utilities. Customers are advised to sign up for the Village’s emergency notification system, CODE RED, to receive important information about the Village utility services. Make sure that when you sign up, you use your Bald Head Island address. The Village can send messages out to only the affected areas if there is a service interruption.
Village Utilities Facts:
- There are 29 miles of distribution system lines.
- The Village can produce 360,000 gallons of water per day.
- The Village can store 400,000 gallons of finished water.
- There are 1,169 sewer connections in the system.
Due date: Utility bills are due on the 20th of every month.
Methods of payment:
- Cash (in-person @ Village Hall View on Map)
- Bank Draft (Complete the Bank Draft Authorization form HERE and hand-deliver, mail to P.O. Box 3009, Bald Head Island, NC 28461 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org ) with a voided check)
- Credit Card Online using Visa/Mastercard HERE. Credit card payments are only accepted online. There is no fee associated with the use of credit cards.
Billing method: Paper bill or E-bill. To request an e-bill, contact the Utility Billing Clerk at email@example.com.
How to Set-Up an Account: Complete a Utility Service Agreement HERE, and hand-deliver to Village Hall or mail to (P.O. Box 3009, Bald Head Island, NC 28461) or email the agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Close an Account: Complete a Utility Termination Agreement HERE, and hand-deliver to Village Hall or mail to (P.O. Box 3009, Bald Head Island, NC 28461) or email the agreement to email@example.com.