Ordinances set forth standards that govern an entire community. They are the written laws of the Village, which have been duly adopted by the Village Council and can be amended or repealed only through the adoption of a new ordinance.
CLICK HERE to access the Village’s Code of Ordinances. When new ordinances are adopted, there is a little gap in time between adoption and when it is incorporated into the online code. For some of our recently adopted ordinances, click on the references below.
- Chapter 28 Transportation – Adopted October 15, 2019
- Noise Ordinance Amendment – Adopted October 15, 2019
- Chapter 32 Zoning – Adopted June 28, 2021
- An Ordinance to Amend the Village Code of Ordinances to Make Conforming Amendments to the Direction of the Utilities and Public Works Departments by a Public Services Director – Adopted August 20, 2021
- Helicopter Landing Ordinance – Adopted October 22, 2021
- Pine Straw Ordinance – Adopted April 14, 2022 (effective 5/1/22)
- School Definition and Use Text Amendment – Adopted June 17, 2022
- Commercial Development Moratorium – Adopted June 30, 2022 (valid for 60 days)