Sharks are a constant presence in BHI waters and to eliminate all risk of an encounter swim only in swimming pools.
- Sharks are extremely unlikely to attack a human.
- Avoid swimming at dawn, dusk or night.
- Avoid murky waters.
- Avoid excessive thrashing and splashing
- Stay clear of fishing areas where chum or bait is in the water.
- Stay out of the water if you spy large groups of baitfish.
- Fishers should avoid submerging into the water with bait or chum in your pockets.
Source: BHI Conservancy