Earlier this morning, a water main break caused an island-wide water outage. Village Utilities crews are working to restore water service as soon as possible.
A System Pressure Advisory has been issued. View it HERE.
Current situation (as of 11:24 a.m.):
- Middle Island is isolated (shut off the flow) to fix the leak on an 8” main waterline at Federal/Edward Teach Ext.
- The rest of the island is standing at about 44 psi. (normal household pressure is between 45 and 80 psi).
- There is no estimated time to complete the repair and full restoration of water service.
For future updates other than a notice of repair and restoration, please use the link below to view the online version of this announcement, the Utilities webpage, our our social media channels (Facebook/X).
Update (posted 11/9 @12:08 p.m.):
- Village Utilities expects to shut off water pressure island-wide to complete the repair. This will occur sometime this afternoon.
Update (posted 11/9 @ 4:49 p.m.)
- Village Utilities continues to work on the water main repair and will be shutting off the water island-wide shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and may cause during dinner time. We want to get the repairs completed and the water back to normal as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. A system pressure advisory remains in effect. View it HERE.
Update (posted 11/9 @ 8:00 p.m.)
- Village Utilities continues to work on the water main repair. The water remains off island-wide and could be off for a few more hours.